March 20, 2020.
Following the Prime Ministers announcement today, we just wanted to let you know about your lessons.
We will be continuing to offer lessons at our facility in a modified low-contact manner. We have calculated the square metreage of our facility and the numbers of students/staff and are well below the threshold advised by the Government. Personal spacing guidelines remain the same at 1-1.5m where possible. We have sought independent clarification with the Covid-19 hot-line who advised that the personal spacing guidelines remain guidelines, and that in situations where it's not possible to maintain that spacing (i.e. for swimmer safety and instruction) that it is permitted to be closer.
We understand that everyone needs to take into account their own families needs when deciding whether to attend, and we, as a family are fully supportive of your need to do that. We want to support your decisions, and offer as much flexibility as we can in this time so that we can get through this together. Because of the contraction of the program we may also need to make minor changes to lesson times but we are trying to minimise this to you.
In order to support us all to stay healthy we also ask that you:
- Limit parents/siblings/extras coming into the Centre as feasible. Let's keep the total numbers down as much as possible.
- We are offering a door-to-door drop off and pick up option. Children can be dropped off at the door and picked up post lesson if you don't wish to enter the facility.
- We ask that you minimise the need to use change-rooms, and come dressed and ready to swim, and leave and change at home later where possible.
- We will continue to keep doors open, clean surfaces, deep clean and maintain water quality to the highest standard.
- We continue to request that you stay home when ill and maintain hand and cough hygiene.
- We continue to re-iterate to our staff to maintain minimal contact in lessons as is practical for safety and learning. Our baby swim teachers will be teaching 'side water' classes.
- All staff members have undertaken the Department of Health's infection control training online.
As a family, we are committed to continuing lessons in the right way, based on keeping kids swimming, active, healthy and engaged in sport. We also understand in this rapidly changing environment we have to make day to day decisions that impact everyone and we don't take this task lightly, we've lost a fair bit of sleep over the last few weeks trying to get it right.
In the meantime, we also wanted to express our deepest gratitude to all of you for your patronage, messages of love and support, and general awesomeness, we know many families are hurting right now and it's nice to feel the love of the community.
We hope to keep everyone active, swimming and as safe as possible for as long as possible.
Bill and Saskia